Wednesday, February 23, 2011

INFP

After taking the personality tests, I was immediately drawn to the famous personalities that my personality (INFP) is associated with. Being associated with the likes of Immanuel Kant, William Shakespeare, and Ludwig Beethoven makes it interesting to speculate about the personalities behind the various works of these individuals. Keirsey’s qualification of my personality was that of a ‘healer’. This seems to make sense to me due to the role that I frequently take in the friendships that I maintain.
i'll take his personality over his hairline

Although I had heard some of the more general ideas about my personality in tests that I had taken before, the association of this personality with certain learning and writing habits was interesting. Due to my introversion, the information in the anthology argued that I like “autonomy and choice-interested in discovery tasks” (249). This seems pretty true from my own observation, I enjoy having autonomy in my behavior in general. However, I disagreed with one of the other bullet points. I don’t think my introversion necessarily makes me inclined to “independent study” (249). I’ve had many successful experiences studying with groups on certain subjects. The information about writing was also revealing. The only time I’ve ever really felt like I produce a good work of writing is when I map out my ideas on paper (usually with visual diagrams). The anthology seems to allude to my inclination to “anticipate ideas before writing” (252). One other aspect of my writing processes is my nature to “guide writing decisions by sense of flow,” which is a tendency that I was not self-aware of (252).
awesome dude

No comments:

Post a Comment